Sunday, April 11, 2010

God Is My Rock

I love David's songs. This one in 2 Samuel 22 is long and is mostly about God striking down David's enemies but there are portions that really speak to my relationship with God...who He is and wants to be in my life. It reflects the kind of faith and worship I want to have EVERY day!

The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, and my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior-from violent men You save me. I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies. (vs 2-4)

As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in Him. For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. (vs 31-33)

The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God, the Rock, my Savior! (vs 47)

No comments:

Post a Comment