Friday, April 2, 2010

Will You Forget Me Forever?

In Psalm 13 David is crying out to God in his frustration. Where are You, God? Why am I losing the fight? Why does everything seem to be going wrong? Hellooo...have You forgotten me, God?

How many times have I felt that way about life? When all around me seems to be in a mess and I pray and I don't seem to be getting any response from God.

Part of David's "secret" of being a man after God's own heart is found in verses 5 & 6. Even in the midst of his frustration, his wondering where God is during this situation, he still praises God. "But I trust in Your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord for He has been good to me."

How often do I really, REALLY praise God in the midst of pain or trouble or a situation I can't see the end of? "I will NEVER leave you or forsake you." Hebrews 13:5. How often do I think God has forgotten me when life is not going to my liking?

Help me, Lord, to praise You instead of complaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment