Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Obedience

Everywhere I turn over the last few days has been about obedience. On Sunday at NewSpring, Clayton said if I don't OBEY the Bible, I don't believe the Bible. In Luke 5:4-5, Peter is given the opportunity to obey Jesus even when Peter thought it was useless. The response to his obedience overwhelmed Peter - and his friends. In Luke 6:46-49, Jesus asks a very direct question..."Why do you call me Lord and do not do what I say?"

In 2 Kings 4:1-7, Elisha tells the destitute widow to borrow jars - as many as she can get - from all her neighbors. She does what he says and begins pouring her "little oil" into the jars and God miraculously provides her with enough oil to sell to pay off her debts and live on the money left over.

When I hear something over and over from God, I automatically think He is talking directly to me. He is drilling down on an area I need to work on.

Although I think I'm already obedient in most areas of my life, there is either something I am overlooking OR something coming up that will require me to make a choice - obey or not. My prayer then is for God to show me where I may be disobedient and to open my eyes, my heart, my ears to His voice, His leading so that I may be obedient in all things.

Obedience to His commands is the greatest form of worship. Help me, Lord, to worship you with my actions, my words, my attitudes, my obedience!

No comments:

Post a Comment