Monday, November 15, 2010

Hurting People

As part of the prayer team, I get to hear about a lot of the hurts people are going through. I talked to Sarah yesterday at NewSpring, Greenville, who is longing for love. She is a 20 something, obese, sexually promiscuous woman who has a 2 year old son but has never been in a relationship with a guy; all her encounters with men are just for sex. She also said she had been abused by her step-father when she was a child.

I prayed with Sarah and got her a Bible and talked to her a little about Jesus and life as a believer but then we parted and I don't know if any of it "took". Sometimes that makes me feel so impotent. I know the answer to all their questions is Jesus and I know He has to draw people to Himself for them to be healed of all that is wrong in their lives. That was true in my own life and I know it will be true in their lives. But sometimes it would be nice to see the lights go on, to know they get it.

At least it is good that those who are hurting are putting themselves in the position to hear of the love of Jesus by actually being in church on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment