Wednesday, September 19, 2012

FUSE

FUSE is the student ministry of NewSpring Church and it is starting in Spartanburg next week. I am so excited because my grandson is so excited.

Part of my excitement is not driving the 100+ mile round trip every Wednesday to take him to Greenville for the evening. However, I will miss the time we have spent together on the ride as we talk about life and God and family and all the things a 13 year old talks about. But he has encouraged me to volunteer with FUSE in Spartanburg. That was not an easy decision for many reasons but I do believe God has shown me my place with these students.

Aside from that, Nate is so ready to have FUSE at "home". He told me just a couple of weeks ago that it's just not the same anymore I Greenville. He no longer serves along side the guys in his small group. He doesn't go to school with them. He can't go to Sunday lunch with them. And he wasn't with them at The Gauntlet this summer. He's excited about doing life at FUSE with the guys and gals he serves with on Sunday. And loving the opportunity of inviting his friends from school.

The kids love FUSE. They get sound biblical teaching and have great music from the band. In addition they have a great time hanging out and playing video games and just being kids. The kids know they can invite their friends and most of them will want to come back again and some of them will eventually meet Jesus head on and have their lives changed forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment