Monday, April 22, 2013

I Love My Church

I am so glad God brought me to NewSpring Church in 2008. God is doing amazing things and I get to be part of it. I think that is the most amazing part!! King David said in Psalm 8, "...what is man that You are mindful of him..." and I would say who am I that You have blessed me with such favor?

As my Father, God wants to give me good things! One of the very good things He has given me is NewSpring Church. I call it "my" church because it is the one I attend but this church, like THE Church - with a capital C - of course is His. It was established by Jesus when He gave His life for sinners and rose from the dead to conquer sin and death and then ascended to the right hand of the Father to intercede for me, for us.

What I love so much about NewSpring is no one cares how you dress or wear your hair. No one cares about your age or your race or your past. No one gets upset when lost people act like lost people. We want the addicts and sexually impure and the gossips and the liars and the drunkards because everyone DOES care that you have a personal relationship with Jesus. Jesus went after the lost, the outcasts of society, those shunned by the religious leaders as unclean and unworthy. Since Jesus did, we do too.

People all over South Carolina, and even the world, are submitting their lives to Jesus through the teaching and ministry of NewSpring. We have seen people from just about every scenario of sin you can imagine be set free from the chains of bondage that have held them captive. Not only are they meeting Jesus, they are being baptized and getting into small groups and giving money and serving others through volunteering.

I am so encouraged when I read stories of this life change in people I don't know. I am encouraged when I see people I do know experience life change. I am encouraged when my own life is changed as my relationship with Jesus grows and expands. God is so good to me that I overflow with joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment