Friday, April 12, 2013

Time

Wow...I can't believe it's been three and a half months since I wrote something. It's not that things haven't been happening in my family or God and I haven't been having conversations as I read my Bible, it's just, well, time. I should have all the time in the world but it just seems to slip away.

When I was reading in Genesis this week about Abraham, and specifically about Ishmael, one little phrase in Genesis 17:20 caught my attention. Abraham was talking to God about the son to be born to him. He was asking for Ishmael to be the one God would bless. God said nope, the child will be yours and Sarah's, a miracle child of their old age. But God also said, "I have blessed him..." speaking of Ishmael. Although this blessing would not take place for some years, to God it was a done deal.

I know intellectually that God is not restrained by time, but sometimes I forget that He sees ALL of time as now. Even if I can't see the blessing or the fulfillment of a promise or the salvation of a friend, when God declares it will be done it has already happened in His mind. So I need to rest in that knowing that God will always fulfill what He says.

No comments:

Post a Comment