Thursday, November 26, 2009

Spend to Save

I saw a few of the Black Friday sales ads on TV last night. One was 3 women who were talking about how they were spending to save.

That is such a backwards mind set...if I spend $10 on this t-shirt, I save $8. Well, no you don't, you spend $10. I can't remember when I have been shopping on the Friday after Thanksgiving - too many people, too much traffic and too much money spent. It is so easy to get caught up in the "on sale" mentality and purchase way more than intended.

I have a few presents to buy for the grandchildren and the gift I want to get may get gone but if it does, I will go to plan B...and they will never know the difference. I don't remember anyone's life being devastated because they didn't get the gift they wanted. Even me when I was a tomboy and wanted guns and footballs and got baby dolls as a child. The excitement of Christmas morning with packages and paper and laughter and family overshadowed any unreceived gift. And after a few weeks it became "old" and was just another toy in the toy box anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment