Friday, November 27, 2009

The Wonder of it All

I'm reading a new book called Crazy Love by Francis Chan. It's about being radically in love with Jesus. At the beginning of the book he talks a lot about the magnificence of God. He had a short video on his web site about the size of outer space - or maybe more correctly - how small we are in all the billions of planets and suns and galaxies out there.

That prompted me to go the the Hubble images web site. I am really overwhelmed that the God who created all this vast, far-flung universe also created me. And like the universe He created me for His glory. I am utterly in awe of a God who made me purposefully and who loves me more than I can ever imagine. My mind just can't grasp it but it does cause me to worship Him.

I was watching a PBS show on the space program and one of the astronauts who went to the moon said how sure he was - after seeing everything from a different perspective - that there is a designer, an intelligence behind it all. I'm glad I did not have to go to the moon in order to understand and believe that.

I don't ever want to lose the awe I feel in seeing a sunset or clouds scudding across the sky or seeing the flowers bloom and trees bud in the spring or feeling the warmth of the sun in the summer or watching my grandchildren grow and develop knowing that they too are uniquely created by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment