Sunday, November 1, 2009

Who Touched Me?

There is a story in the Gospels about a woman who had suffered from a "discharge of blood" for 12 years. During this time she had gone to many doctors and no one was able to heal her even though she had spent a lot of money. Basically, that means she had an incurable disease.

As the crowds pressed in around Jesus, this woman - who was trying to remain unseen (possibly because of the type of illness she had) - believed with all her heart that just touching the fringe of Jesus' garment would be enough to heal her. And she was right!

Jesus immediately knew something had happened and asked, "Who touched Me?" The disciples seemed to think this was a pretty silly question to ask because of all the people trying to get close to Jesus. But Jesus knew this touch was different. The woman confessed what she had done - and why - and Jesus blessed her for her faith

What about me when I try to "touch" Jesus? Is my reaching out to Him superficial? Am I seeking Him with pure motives? Do I really believe He has the power and the desire to do what is best for me...to bring HIM glory?! Would Jesus look at my faith and bless me?

This woman was a "nobody" in her day but she reached out to Jesus and her life was changed forever. Jesus, who is the same yesterday, today and forever, is still in the business of changing lives for all eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment