Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Gospel Music

As I read today's scripture in Psalm 3, I remembered that the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir had made this Psalm into a song. Had to break out the CD (on my itunes playlist) called I'm Amazed and play it as I read scripture.

I love their music and the stories of life change that take place at the Brooklyn Tabernacle. God has done some amazing things in that place over the years through the ministry of Jim and Carol Cymbala and the members who constantly pray for God to do miracles among them.

I think it's great that God has given us people who can lift His name high in a variety of ways through music so that I can be drawn into a place of worship that might not happen without music. I don't think is a coincidence that the angels in the throne room of God are CONSTANTLY singing "Holy, Holy, Holy". Music stirs the soul as nothing else can.

No comments:

Post a Comment