Saturday, March 13, 2010

Taking the Land

All the way back in the days of Abraham, the land of Canaan had been promised to the Israelites (before they were even the Israelites.) Joshua was the one to finally bring the people into the land to possess it. This was 800-900 years after the first promise was made to Abraham.

And then when they finally went into the land, they had to fight battles with every king, with every people so they could actually conquer the land. Joshua 11:18 tells us that Joshua had to make war for a long time.

How often do I get impatient because I want God to fulfill His promises to me RIGHT NOW? And not only do I want it right now, I want it to be easy! God NEVER goes back on His promises. But I have to be ready to receive them. The problem is not God but me. God needs to be sure I am ready to receive, with the right heart, all that He wants to do. And I have to be wiling to do my part. Taking hold of God's promises may require a lot of work or energy on my part. It may require hours and hours of prayer. It may require a whole new way of thinking about myself or God or people around me. And then at just the right time, God's promises are fulfilled in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment