Monday, March 22, 2010

Set Apart

In Galatians 1:15-16, Paul is speaking of being set apart before his birth to be called by the grace of God and to have His Son revealed to him.

Although I have not been called to be a preacher of the gospel in the sense as Paul or Perry or Christine Caine or Anne Graham Lotz, I have been called to speak words of truth into the lives of my family and friends who do not have a personal relationship with Jesus.

Too many times I have thought of those "set apart" as being some special breed of Christian, and yes, they do have very strong gifts of evangelism and preaching that make them uniquely able to stand before people week after week proclaiming God's word.

BUT...I too have been set apart. Jesus said, "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him,..." John 6:44. In Psalm 139:15-16, David says every day of my life was written in God's book before I was ever born.

I need to constantly remind myself that I am a special messenger of God's love and grace. Maybe not on the scale of others but certainly within my sphere of influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment