Sunday, August 22, 2010

Changes

I have been praying for God to make changes in the lives of my family. Today Nathan asked for a Bible after church. I asked him if he would read it and he said he yes so we got a Bible from Guest Services. Nate started Fuse last week and has already invited someone to go with him this Wednesday.

Jeremy and Holly signed up today to be part of a home group. I hope they will be able to find a group of people they can bond with. I am seeing a real interest in the things of God in their lives that was not there even a few months ago.

In my own life I am having opportunities to do things that I have wanted to do for a long time. One of those things is helping Kevin in Production to keep track of birthdays, anniversaries, new babies, etc. so that he can be proactive in communicating with the team members, to foster a real since of family. I would love to see this develop into an actual care ministry within the Production Team.

God is SO good. He loves us so much and really wants us to be alive in Him. He wants to give us so much but it is often hard to trust Him with our futures. Giving up control is not easy but God is so much wiser than me. He has more resources than me. He has more power than me. Keep me, Jesus, close to Your heart. I want to be on Your team. I want to be on fire for You, to surrender all that I am and all that I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment