Monday, August 30, 2010

Miracles

I have heard people say, and have even thought myself, that God does not do miracles like He did in the Bible. I mean I have never seen a river (like the Jordan) or a sea (as in Red) parted for people to walk through on dry ground.

I have never seen food on the ground with the dew in the morning. I have not seen the miraculous, instantaneous healing of a blind, deaf or mute person. I have not seen water turned to wine.

But yesterday at NewSpring, I saw hundreds of dead people raised to life. And I had to praise God that He still performs miracles in my day, in my presence. Of course these were not people whose bodies had quit functioning in the physical form of death. They were people who were dead in their sins, destined for an eternity separated from God. Now, because of Jesus and the cross and the willingness of these to say "Yes!" to the prompting of the Spirit in their hearts and to surrender their lives to Jesus, over 500 people on all campuses are now raised from the dead and are new creations in Christ Jesus.

Lord God, I can not thank You enough for allowing me to be part of what You are in doing in my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment