Thursday, August 12, 2010

Evangelism Seminar - Now What?

I love my church! On Monday of this week Perry came to Greenville to lead an evangelism seminar. I was working production and didn't get to really listen to all he had to say. So tonight I was able to watch the seminar live from the Anderson campus as Perry concluded a week of live teaching at each campus.

The challenge is to put into action all that he talked about. Building relationships. Preparing and sharing my testimony. Praying for opportunities and boldness. Just being available and willing to talk about what Jesus has done for me.

It's not always easy but God's word IS alive and active and able to do what God intends for it to do. Perry challenged us to prepare to lead one person - just one - to Christ in the next 12 months; to disciple them and encourage them to lead one person to Christ and for me to lead one more. As we multiply this out the potential to reach our state, our nation and the world is staggering.

Open my eyes, Lord, to see the fields ripe for harvest. To understand the part I play in Your plans for the salvation of people in my family and community. Give me a heart that cares for those You care about that are far from God. Give me opportunities and the boldness to grab those opportunities when You present them.

No comments:

Post a Comment