Sunday, August 8, 2010

Great Opportunities

Last week I had the opportunity to do a couple of things. On Wednesday I went to the office of one of the ladies where I work to seek information. The office manager was in this office and the conversation turned to communion and baptism and salvation.

I was asked if a person had to be baptized by immersion to take communion at NewSpring. I said no you just have to be able, in your heart, to affirm that you have asked Jesus into your heart and you know that you have a personal relationship with Him. I continued to say that baptism does not save you (to the person who always says at least her children are Christian because they have been baptized and go to a Christian school.) She seemed to be shaken by what I said but I left her in the able hands of the manager.

Later that day a man on staff at Miracle Hill Ministries in Spartanburg was in the office to speak to one of the men. I happened to walk to the copier while they were together and Dan called me into his office to meet Jim. After talking to him and reading the book he gave me, I am absolutely convinced this is the place God wants me to serve. I don't know how God will use me but I am so excited to see what's going to happen.

Jim said they need mentors and Bible study leaders and people to preach at chapel services. I said I'm not a preacher but Dan piped up and said I heard you preaching earlier to those women [in the office]. I laughed and said that I could talk easily about my faith one on one or in small groups but preach - I don't think so.

So I had 2, count them TWO, great opportunities last week. I got to share the Gospel with a co-worker who believes in works based religion and I got to talk to Miracle Hill about opportunities of service. I will be calling Jim after I quit work and will go over to the Rescue Mission, take a tour and have lunch with the residents and staff. Then we will see where I might fit in.

God is already working in my retirement. Woo Hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment