Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sun Stand Still

I've just finished Steven Furtick's book, Sun Stand Still. The book just came out last week so it is brand, spankin' new. This is an amazing book about having audacious faith. As I read I was challenged to pray audacious prayers and to believe God to bring those prayers to fruition.

But as I have spent time thinking about my life and things that have been happening around me, I decided I have already been praying audacious prayers and seeing God move to answer them. I think especially of my son and his family. At one time they were far from God (as I had been as a young adult). They are now actively attending church, my son is back in school studying nursing, my grandson has given his heart to Jesus and was recently baptized. WOW! That is ONLY the grace of God and the work of His Spirit in their lives.

God has done so much for me personally throughout my life - even when I was living far from Him. Part of that, I believe, is the audacious prayers my mama prayed for me. I am so glad she lived long enough to see God answer her prayers for me as I have my prayers for my son.

I am still praying for my son. I am asking God to make him the best nurse around-to make him top in his field; to fill him with a desire to share Christ with those he encounters; to be willing to use his nursing skills locally or around the world as part of mission endeavors to touch the lives of the forgotten and the downtrodden.

For me personally, I want God to help me be generous with all that He has given me - in whatever form that takes - with the discernment to make wise use of God's resources. And that He would allow me to live in good health to see my great grandchildren as He did for my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment