Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Who Is God?

Lately I've been reading Isaiah 42-45 over and over trying to really absorb who God is.

He is Creator. He is Redeemer. He is the Holy One. He is the first and the last. He pours out His Spirit. He renews the earth with water. He wants me to believe and be His witness and His servant. He formed man to bring glory to God. There are no other gods. He knows what will happen before it happens. He goes with me through times of trouble. He is the Lord Almighty. He forms light and creates darkness. He brings prosperity and creates disaster. He does new things. He speaks with integrity. Before Him every knee will bow and every tongue will swear. He is King. He is with me so I do not need to fear. He triumphs over His enemies.

This is just a little of what these chapters contain about God. I am so glad He wants me to know who He is. He took the time to tell Isaiah and the people of Israel almost 3000 years ago this story of who He is knowing that I would also benefit from this telling.

All that He was to Israel in those days, He is to me right now. My God never changes and I can depend on Him to do and be all that He says.

No comments:

Post a Comment