Monday, April 4, 2011

Jesus Is Not #1 in My Life

In his message yesterday as part of the Upgrade series at NewSpring Church, Clayton King said something that Perry has said before: Jesus doesn't want to be number one in my life. Clayton went on to say He wants to be the CENTER of my life so that my life revolves around Him.

I've been thinking about that since yesterday. Jesus is not part of some checklist where I put Him at the top so I can say, look Jesus, look everybody, Jesus is number one in my life:
1. Spend time with Jesus (read Bible, pray) - check
2. Do the laundry - check
3. Wash the car - check
4. Go to the grocery - check

My relationship with Jesus is just that, a relationship. Not an obligation to fulfill or something I do. It's a way of life, a partnership, a communication with each other - but always remembering that He is not my buddy (although He calls His disciples friends), He is King, He is Lord, He is God. Jesus is not number one in my life, He IS my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment