Friday, April 8, 2011

Vacation

I have gotten so far behind with my writing for the 21 day Bible reading plan I'm just gonna let the last four days go. I'm reading the passages but have just been too busy to write up my thoughts. And today I'm headed to the Bahamas for 5 days and will not even touch a computer except my e-reader.

I struggle with taking vacation that takes me away from church on Sunday because I miss my friends and the experience of gathering together as well as the teaching which always speaks to me in some profound way. It may be only a sentence but God always uses Perry, Clayton, Brad - whoever may be speaking - to awaken my heart to Him. The good thing for me, though, is I can catch the sermon when I get back home.

It will be good to spend time with friends I haven't seen in a couple of months as we cruise together and enjoy such a relaxed time with absolutely no agenda except finding a lounge chair by the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment