Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Gripped by the Greatness of God

As this year winds down and a new year begins, I am focusing on all that God has done that shows His greatness, His awesomeness. Not just to me personally but in the world; not just this year but in years past.

One of the first things that came to mind was the taking down of the Berlin wall. Although President Reagan got a lot of credit for that, it was really a God thing. After all the years of hatred, fear, and distrust, the "fall of the wall" was - in my mind - all God.

Even earlier than that I believe our putting men on the moon was a God thing so that we could really see and understand how tiny we are in the whole scheme of the universe.

More personally, in the 17 years I wandered in the wilderness God never took His hand of protection from me even as He let me get to the very brink of destruction.

My business closing was a God thing because I had to rely on Him and trust Him as I never had before. God showed up in a BIG way financially through it all.

I believe my mama's stroke 6 weeks before my daddy died was God's hand on her life. It was His way of protecting her from the hurt of losing her partner of 70+ years. It prevented her from finding him dead, from having to make choices about moving out of the house, from loneliness and fear.

My brother living 15 years longer than the doctors said was God working in all our lives, teaching us faith, giving us hope.

My son's marriage and his children are the beginning of a work I believe God is going to do in my son's life.

My being at NewSpring Church is definitely God's doing. He said "I'm doing a new thing!" and "Look and see" . I have been amazed at all that He is doing!!

In 2009 God has supplied me with an incredible peace about the future. As I contemplate retirement, as I think about new ways to serve Him, as I seek to fulfill my purpose to glorify God I am confident that I am His and that nothing can snatch me from His hand.

I can't wait to see what God is going to do in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment