Friday, December 11, 2009

My Christmas Challenge

I have been thinking about how self-centered I often am in my prayer life. From now until Christmas, I am not going to ask God for anything except for the requests that come through the church.

For me, personally, I am going to pray only prayers of thanksgiving and praise. I am going to thank God for something different everyday and praise Him just because He is worthy of my praise.

I am not going to ask for anything for me or my family - no "me/mine" prayers - not that there is anything wrong with that. I just want to change my focus. This Christmas I want to focus on all that has already been given to me by the Most High God. And not just the visible stuff but the air I breathe and my heart that beats and ears that hear. I want my Christmas to be immersed in thankfulness.

I believe as I focus more on Him, He will be able to speak more clearly to my heart about the direction my life should take in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment