Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

We took a special Christmas offering this year at NewSpring Church. When Perry first announced it an amount of money came into my head. That amount was more than I would have thought of on my own but I said OK, Lord, I will give that.

THEN, my washing machine broke and had to have a new computer board put it - not cheap! (Coulda bought a new cheap washer for the price of the board and installation.) THEN, I developed a leak in my roof. The roofer says my 20-25 year old shingles need to be replaced. THEN, I thought about the money I'd agreed with God to give to NewSpring. I told God none of this would deter me. I would not lessen the amount I would give. So I wrote my check and mailed it in about 2 weeks ago.

On Wednesday, my boss handed out pay checks because we were closed Thursday and Friday. When I opened the envelope I had a NICE Christmas bonus. I had absolutely NO expectation of receiving a bonus and would never have imagined getting one of this amount.

On Wednesday I thought, wow, how generous of my employer. On Thursday night as I drove home from our Christmas Eve services it clicked in my brain that this was the same amount I had given to the Christmas offering. I thought, how great is our God that He would replace the money I gave to Him. My heart was so full of His love and care for me that I wept as I drove toward home. God continues to amaze me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment