Sunday, December 13, 2009

I Am Still Overwhelmed

As I was listening to Perry today as he preached at NewSpring I was once again overwhelmed with God's grace and mercy on my life.

I really thought about where I was and where I am and how differently my life would be if God had not pursued me and I had not said, "Yes!" when I knew I was hearing his voice.

Sometimes His voice is not as noticeable as it has been at other times. Part of the reason for that is the busyness of life. Perry challenged us last week to turn off the noise - at least occasionally - to be able to hear Him. Christmas is the perfect time for that. I don't want to be so caught up in the hustle and bustle and the what to buy and what to cook that I forget that most wonderful miracle when God became a man and walked among us because God loves us. Not just "us" or "the world" but ME! God loves ME. God died for ME.

That's not a selfish statement but a recognition that God is personally involved in my life, my hopes and dreams, successes and failures, good times and bad. In all of it God is watching over me, guiding, encouraging, aiding, strengthening. He provides me with contentment and peace and fills my heart with joy!

For me this season is not about "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays" but "THANK YOU FOR SAVING MY SOUL!"

No comments:

Post a Comment