Friday, December 18, 2009

Marks of the True Christian

I've been reading through the Bible this year but have gotten a little behind. Instead of being in Revelation I have just finished Romans. But that is OK. The purpose is not to finish in a year but to read with fresh eyes the Book I have read so many times.

My Bible has those little subtitles in each chapter. When I came to this one for Romans 12:9-21 I knew God was about to tear at my heart and my sinful nature. As I read this passage and then read it again and again I was convicted of how far short I fall. Which causes me to fall on my face in gratitude for the grace of God that forgives my sin and gives me another chance.

Even if I don't seek vengeance when I have been wronged, do I mentally and in my heart wish for it? Do I abhor evil? (Abhor is a STRONG word!) Do I bless those who persecute me? Am I even vocal enough in my stand for Christ to BE persecuted? Am I patient in tribulation? Am I constant in prayer?

Lord God, You still have so much work to do in me to conform me to Your Son. You are the Potter and I am the clay...help me to submit willingly to Your molding.

No comments:

Post a Comment