Monday, February 15, 2010

Acts 4

Our NewSpring daily devotion today included Acts 4. This chapter of the Bible always amazes me...the religious elite are more concerned with their position than the acts of God. They recognize the healing the disciples performed can not be denied so what to do!? People might believe what the disciples say!

Has this happened in modern history? Has a move of God been denied or questioned because it wasn't through the correct denomination or didn't follow the correct protocol? Could it be denied because it makes the religious elite, the religious conformists uncomfortable?

The disciples are recognized as unschooled men yet they speak boldly what they know to be true. When commanded not to speak anymore by the ruling religious, they say they must obey God. When praying later, they do not ask for protection but for boldness to keep speaking in the face of danger and threats.

Am I willing to speak boldly or have I ever used the excuse that I don't know enough or don't have the proper training. If opposition comes do I quit and slink away or do I ask God to continue to give me opportunities to speak about Jesus?

And the believers live in unity of spirit and purpose...no one is in need because all their possessions are to aid those who need it. No hoarding or selfishness here.

Do I give generously to help those who need help?

I thank God that His word is ever fresh, ever new and that it causes me to ask questions. But my greatest prayer is that it will lead to action. This Sunday Christine Caine said real compassion causes us to cross the road and actually do something. Help me, Lord, to know what You would have me DO!

No comments:

Post a Comment