Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Worry

Yesterday I heard someone say that a mother worries about her children. Those around her agreed and I really wanted to ask - and how productive is worry in your life - but there were people there I did not know so I kept quiet. I didn't want to embarrass any of the 3 women there that I know are HUGE worriers or sound smug or haughty by saying I don't worry 'cause I give 'em up to Jesus. I do know it means I need to keep speaking Jesus into their lives on a one on one basis - not in group therapy!

This morning as I was reading in Numbers about the spies who went into the promised land and came back worried and afraid, saying we can't do this. They instilled fear into all the people who refused to take possession of the land God gave them so God sent them off to die in the wilderness.

I don't want to be the person who misses the things God has for me because I am worried about the future, about things that may never take place. I want to trust God completely. That is a day by day giving up of me. A day by day surrender of my will, my thoughts, my desires to the sovereignty of God.

Jesus said, "Don't worry..." so I don't...at least not for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment