Monday, February 8, 2010

Plucked from Eternity

What an incredible day at NewSpring on Sunday. Perry said our guest speaker was a fireball and he was right! Christine Caine made some powerful statements as she talked to us about the church and what our role in the lives of our community and the world should be.

She also shared her story of abuse and her abandonment and adoption as a baby (that she didn't find out about until she was 35). She told us that we are not a product of our past; we do not get our identity by what has happened to us. Our identity comes from being children of the living God.

The thought that most captured me was that God plucked me out of eternity and put me into time - this time, this place - for a purpose. I had never thought in those terms before. The Bible tells me that God created me and knew me and placed a calling on my life before I was ever born.

I've never doubted that God has a plan and purpose for my life. Or that I will live for eternity with Jesus but had just never thought that I came from eternity. If I existed in the mind of God before I was born, then the thought of being "plucked from eternity" makes sense. That's something I will ponder for a time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment