Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What Disturbs Me?

As I was reading the NewSpring devotion this morning in Acts, verse 16 of chapter 17 reminded me of something Perry said recently. He was telling how he was disturbed about the state of the church so God led him to start NewSpring. Christine Caine was disturbed by the pictures of missing women who might be in the sex slave trade so God led her to start the A21 campaign. In this verse in Acts, Paul is disturbed by all the idols he sees so God led him into the synagogue, the market place and finally the Areopagus to tell everyone about Jesus.


I think of Matt Beasley, a college student, who started a bus ministry for disadvantage kids to get to Fuse to hear the gospel. He was disturbed that they didn't know Jesus. Now this has grown into The LOT Project helping the homeless and disadvantaged in Anderson.


My friend Donald's son Nathaniel is raising money through the Boy Scouts for mosquito nets for Africa because he is disturbed by those who suffer needlessly.


So the question for me is what disturbs ME? I don't know that anything disturbs me enough to START something that has not been done. So what disturbs me enough to join something that is already in progress? To give of my time and my resources?

No comments:

Post a Comment