Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mold & Mildew

I've lived in a house that had mold in it. One time left clothes in the washer for days. When I finally remembered them, they were rank with mildew. A huge industry has grown up to help us destroy mold and mildew.

Way back when, God told Moses how to deal with mold when the Israelites got to the land of Canaan. In Leviticus 14:36-49 He tells them to tell the priest who is to shut up the house for 7 days. If the mold has spread, any contaminated stones and plaster should be removed and thrown away after the walls have been scraped. Then new stones and new plaster are to be put in place. If the mold returns, the whole house is to be torn down and carried outside the camp. Mold can be very destructive.

But what I find most interesting about this is verse 34. God says,"When you enter the land of Canaan, which I am giving you as your possession, and I put a spreading mildew in a house in that land..."

God is in control of everything, EVERY thing. Even the things that we don't like such as mold and mildew. If God is sovereign and God created all things and God is active in this world and in my life personally, even the yucky stuff like mold and mildew can be teachable moments from God. Moments of obedience, moments of patience, moments of faith, moments of service, moments of letting go of my stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment