Sunday, February 21, 2010

Spiritual Gifts

Perry talked to us today about recognizing and using our spiritual gifts to serve the body. His three gifts are leadership, evangelism, and teaching. Those are pretty obvious gifts in Perry now but when he first became a Christian he had to spend some time trying out things to really figure out how God had gifted him.

That was true in my own life as well...at least to recognize the gift of service. Well, maybe not the gift but where and how it should be used.

The gift of faith was made manifest through all the trials that I faced 5 or 6 years ago. I came away with a faith that took every worry out of my life. That sounds a little weird but I don't know any other way to say it. I believe this gift was unrecognized until I faced situations that tested it. Every day is a gift from God but if Habakkuk 3:17-19 should come true in my life, I really, really believe I would be OK with it. No freaking out or falling away or saying why me.

And then the gift of encouragement. Since I joined the prayer team at NewSpring I have been able to use this gift and the gift of faith in ways I haven't in a long time. Joining the prayer team completed the circle of my giftedness. I had known something was missing over the last 3 years and the prayer team was it. Now I believe I am using all my gifts in the local church once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment