Thursday, May 13, 2010

Everything

Yesterday I finished reading 1 Chronicles. David spends a lot of time talking about the goodness and the provision of God. David has been accumulating gold, silver, bronze, iron, wood, stone, marble and jewels to help his son Solomon build a house for God.

David has accumulated these things as king by taking tribute from other nations but he also gives a lot from his own personal wealth. He then challenges the leaders of the country to step up and give generously for the building of the temple and they give literally tons more. This prompts everyone to rejoice and David to pray.

Twice David says everything comes from God and they are only giving back what comes from His hand. That prompted me to think a lot about the "everything" in my life. I started off thinking about giving money (besides the money I give to NewSpring) to charities and people who have needs. Then I began to think about every breath I take and what a generous, precious gift that is...and my home, my family, my car, my job, my friends. EVERYTHING is from God.

Then today the devotion from NewSpring was titled Everything and here we are again. I am so glad God does that to me; showing me over and over His truth and the things that are important to Him. The hard part is keeping them important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment