Saturday, May 15, 2010

In God I Trust

I read this in one of David's Psalms and thought about America and the "In God We Trust" that is on our money. There is a lot of controversy about the name "God" in our country. We want a convenience god who is only spoken about on Sunday mornings and during times of disaster.

There was a push a few years ago to take "In God We Trust" off our money - one of those separation of church and state issues. What gets me about that is some of the people who holler the loudest about keeping the slogan trust more in their money than God.

For me as a Christ follower, I profess to trust in God. But do I really? The next part of David's proclamation is "I will not be afraid". I am at a point in my life now where "I will not be afraid" is part of my DNA. However, I know some REAL worriers who profess to trust God. But they worry about their children, they worry about the economy, they worry about healthcare, they worry about who will be president - or governor - or senator. Like those things are outside God's sphere of control.

"In God I trust, I will not be afraid." I want that to be the very fabric of my life...to know God so intimately that I CAN trust Him in ANY situation and praise His name.

No comments:

Post a Comment