Monday, July 12, 2010

Clothed with Christ

I don't have any idea how many times I've read Galatians 3:26-29. But today God opened my eyes to something I don't think I have thought about recently.

Verse 27 says, "for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ." I have a note in one of my Bibles that clothed means enveloped. As I thought about that I thought about the clothes I wear. My clothes surround me. Not a head to toe covering but enough to protect me from the sun, insect bites and scrapes. My clothes are the first thing people might notice about me. My clothes project an image and cause people to make a judgement about me whether true or not.

So what about being clothed with Christ. Is my relationship with Christ one of the first things people notice about me? Do my actions and my words speak to others of my being clothed with Christ? Have I allowed my clothing to become ragged and dirty by the way I live?

Jesus Christ clothed me with Himself when I professed Him as my Lord and Savior. This clothing can not be bought or earned. But I think it does require maintenance on my part to keep it fresh and clean...confession of sin; and to keep it mended...daily time in the Word and worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment