Thursday, July 22, 2010

Night of Vision

Had a great night at the Greenville campus as Perry hosted a night of vision to walk us through changes that are being implemented. I love the technology that we use to get all 4 campuses together for an event like this. There wasn't even a delay tonight. We came in just as the Anderson crowd was told to be seated.

It was great to hear some of the statistics like summer attendance is up at all our campuses. Giving has not dwindled because the economy tanked...we've not had any budget cuts or layoffs of staff. In fact, we are hiring. Since 2008 we have opened 3 campuses and are about to open a 4th.

So why is this going on at NewSpring? The favor of God! First and foremost it's a God thing. BUT it is also because we have a solid vision, passionate servants and financially generous people. I am so blessed that God allows me to be part of this. I am overwhelmed again and again that He chose me to be part of NewSpring.

Perry also shared our new vision statement - NewSpring is a church where change takes place. And our new core values - Found people find people, Saved people serve people, I can't do life alone, Growing people change, and I can't out give God.

One point I really liked was we will no longer be a church with members but with owners. Members have rights but owners have responsibility. That resonated with me...I need to take ownership of this small segment of God's Church to do whatever it takes to follow closely after God to help further the vision and values of NewSpring.

The most exciting part of the night was Perry's announcement that we are going to start local community service projects. That has been something I have mentioned on more than one occasion to Production Staff so I am really glad to see that coming to reality.

I can't wait to see what God does over the next year - or ten!! (Scripture for the night: Hosea 10:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment