Monday, July 5, 2010

His Heart Is Firm

I just love reading the Psalms. As I read I come across verses that cause a song to pop into my head. I think it's great the way God gave these songs to His people so long ago and musicians today can use them to reach people in our time as well. God's word is timeless.

But I digress...my Bible titles each Psalm. The title for Psalm 112 is "The Righteous Will Never Be Moved". Verses 7-8 say "[The righteous] is not afraid of bad news; his heart is firm, trusting in the Lord. His heart is steady; he will not be afraid, until he looks in triumph on his adversaries."

That was great reminder to me in this day of corporate bad news like the economy and the oil spill or even if I should have personal bad news about health or family, my heart should be firm. I am counted among the righteous because of Jesus so my trust should always be in God, not my circumstance.

Jesus said, "I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment