Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ah...Life

Sometimes I think I want to take a break from everything...work, church, grandchildren, life in general. Sometimes I think it is because I have not been getting enough time for me. Not me is a selfish way but me in a just sit and read a book way. Me in a do what I want to do - or do nothing at all - way and not feel that I should be doing something.

Part of it is not feeling well over the last week. And part of not feeling well is being too busy the week before. Well, actually, for about 10 days I was not home any evening before 9 or 10 and not home two weekends in a row. But I did get to sleep a lot Saturday afternoon and that helped.

Getting in this mood does make me begin to think seriously about retiring. My fear is that I might become a hermit if I didn't HAVE to get up and get dressed and get out of the house. Or I might get one of those comfy chairs at Barnes & Noble and put my name on it and read...a lot.

Even today I was torn about getting up at 4:30 to be at church by 5:30 and spend the whole day there but when I finally left at 2:45 this afternoon I was really glad I had been there. I like the roady part of the day - the movin' out and loadin' up at the end of the day. And we had a good day production wise too. So all in all it was a GOOD day. (Having over 100 salvations wasn't shabby either!!)

But I still might retire next July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment