Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Healing

One of the things I like about the way God put the Bible together is how different the 4 New Testament Gospels are. I've been reading through Matthew and he was writing originally to the Jewish community.

Because of that he tells how Jesus was the fulfillment of prophecy. He will tell of something that happened or something Jesus did and then give the Old Testament reference for the prophecy Jesus fulfilled. Although I have never done an in depth study of this I find it extremely interesting to go back and forth to see how God did exactly what He said He would do.

Matthew also talks frequently of Jesus compassion for the people and how He healed all their diseases. (Matt 9:35-36, Matt 12:15, Matt 14:14) Healing all who come to Him is something I believe today. The problem is we look for healing here on earth or healing of bodies when healing of souls may be a greater healing.

I believe with all my heart that my brother was healed the instant he died. He suffered for 20+ years but when God sent His angels to take him home, I believe he was instantly healed. My daddy, too, who was bent over with arthritis, whose hands and knees didn't work so good anymore and my mama who had a stroke are well today! And I can't wait to see them again when God finally takes me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment