Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Saved from God

I was listening to James McDonald yesterday. He's on the radio while I am at work so I don't get to listen very often or don't get to hear all that he says. James has been one of my favorite Bible teachers for many, many years.

But yesterday he said something that made me stop and think - especially in light of the series we have been in at NewSpring on How to Survive the End of the World. James asked, "Why are you saved; what are you saved from."  Many will say I am saved from my sins or saved from hell but James says that is not right. We are saved from God.

God's wrath is real and in the end times that wrath will be poured out on all who have not received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Those who know Jesus have been saved from God's wrath because Jesus has already born the wrath of God on our behalf. Those who do not know Jesus will face God's wrath personally. And I don't think any of us want to do that - or have those we know face that wrath.

No comments:

Post a Comment