Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Help My Unbelief

As Jesus went around the countryside healing the sick, Sometimes He said don't tell anyone about this but the people were so excited that they could not keep the news to themselves. (Mark 1:40-45)

Other times Jesus told them to tell others (Mark 5:18-20). Whether Jesus said be quiet or tell others, everyone had to tell someone because Jesus had touched their lives. Do I keep Jesus to myself or do I tell everyone I know?

Sometimes I think that maybe I don't recognize the touch of Jesus on my life. I should recognize that my health, my job, the air I breathe, my family, my friends, my church...every good thing is a gift from God.

When the disciples would question Jesus, more than once He asked do you not understand? Even after walking with Him every day, they still did not always understand how or why He did what He did or who He really was. Unfortunately, I am that way too. I have walked with Jesus for lots of years and sometimes I just don't have a clue. I can imagine Jesus shaking His head saying, "Nancy, do you not yet understand?" And then I want to cry out, "I believe, help my unbelief!"

No comments:

Post a Comment