Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Life and Life

I've been thinking a lot about life and death recently. Two ladies in our office each have a family member that is approaching death. And then people ask questions about my parents and my brother who have all died. So it keeps it close to the surface and in my mind. On top of that Perry is preaching about How to Survive the End of the World.


As I have thought about all this over the last few weeks, I've decided that what I will experience is life and life, not life and death. I've always known that but I want to really make that the thought of my heart and my mind. I don't want to focus on the death of the body, the destruction of this earthly tent as Paul put it, but on the abundant life I have RIGHT NOW. And the absolutely wonderful (I can't even think of words to describe what eternity will be like) life forever in the presence of the Lord.

I don't want to leave this world early because I want to see my grandchildren grow up and my son accomplish dreams that he has and I have so much life to live. But at the same time the anticipation of Heaven, of seeing Jesus face to face, of being reunited with my family, of living forever and forever and forever with NO sorrow or sickness or envy or hatred or anger or tears or loneliness or fear or regrets or sin or ... The list goes on and on of how wonderful Heaven will be.

As long as I am on this earth and have the ability to talk and to read and to write and to share Jesus with others I need to keep doing that. All of that is preparing me to truly worship God in spirit and in truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment