Monday, August 13, 2012

Cleaning Up, Clearing Out

I just don't do it often enough...

I have a tendency to hold on to things that I know I no longer use or need. So I have decided to begin to get rid of stuff. I claim not to be attached to things so why do I hold on to them? I've decided it's because it's plain hard work to get rid of them!!

Two weekends ago I had a yard sale. After weeks of getting stuff together, pricing, boxing, etc I got up at 3:30 to begin moving stuff outside. The first people showed up before daylight and I stayed at it until noon. (I did make $150.) Then loaded up leftovers to take to the thrift shop with a vow never to have a yard sale again.

I have since made 2 more trips to the thrift shop with clothes and other odds and ends that I keep deciding are in the way. I had read if something hasn't been used in 6-12 months or worn during the last season for the clothes, get rid of it! My stuffed clothes closet is now only half full and everything in it is something I actually wear and my kitchen cabinets have empty spaces!!

In the midst of all of this I decided to clean the carpet and rearrange the furniture. Phew! Makes me tired just to repeat it. And I haven't even started on my "junk room". But there is such a feeling of accomplishment at getting started and getting so much done.

All this hard work at cleaning up my house makes me glad I don't have to work to clean up my life. Jesus did all that work for me. My life was a mess, full of guilt and shame and bad habits (sin) but when Jesus became my Savior HE cleaned it all up and cleared it all out so I didn't have to deal with it anymore. Thank you, Jesus, for loving me so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment