Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Dead Men Walking

"And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world...carrying out the desires of the body and the mind..." Ephesians 2:1-3

When I was living my life carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, I thought I was living the good life. Eat, drink and be merry! If it feels good do it! Go for he gusto! You only live once!

Those were the mottos of my life. I had to keep pounding those slogans into my mind because I had to say something to make me feel good about myself.

When I look back on that time, I realize my heart was hard and at the end of the day, I felt like a dead man. I was always looking for something not knowing I already had it. I had met Jesus as a child but had shut out the voice of His Spirit so often I couldn't hear it any more. Or probably it is more accurate to say I didn't want to hear it.

My neighborhood, my community, is filled with dead men (and women) walking through life searching for something and not knowing what it is. But I know. I know God has put a desire in each of us for Himself. A desire that can only be satisfied in a relationship with Jesus Christ. It is up to me to share that Good News with them. So now I ask God to help me see that one walking dead around me that He would have me share my story with.

No comments:

Post a Comment