Thursday, August 9, 2012

Now I See

I like to think about a miracle working Jesus. Someone who can do unbelievable things, like taking a man born blind and caking his eyes with mud so that when the guy washes off the mud he can see. John 9 Kinda makes me want to see something like that.

The reality is, I have seen that...in my own life. I didn't have a physical blindness but a spiritual blindness.

I asked Jesus into my heart as a child and at that time Jesus gave me eyes to see. However, over the years I began to look at things that were not of God...bad boys, drugs, alcohol, rebellion. Looking at these things clouded my vision so that I was no longer able see God or the things of God.

It took many years for me to realize that I not only needed to see God again, I really wanted to. Just as the man born blind was commanded to go and wash before he could physically see, I had to confess and repent of my sin before I could spiritually see again.

Once I did that, I was able not only to see God again but to hear Him as well. Allowing Jesus to give me spiritual sight is a far greater miracle than receiving physical sight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment