Monday, August 13, 2012

In Him

It is easy to get wrapped up in life and the cares of the world and forget who I am as a child of God. If I am under stress or going through difficult times, I might forget all God has done for me. This moment, this issue, this problem becomes the focus of my life.

But Paul reminds me in Ephesians 1 who I really am and what God has already done for me through my relationship with Jesus.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before Him." vs 3-4

"In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses...according to His purpose which He set forth in Christ...to unite all things in Him, things in heaven and things on earth." vs 7-10

"In Him we have obtained an inheritance..." vs 11

"In Him...[we] were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it..."  vs 13-14

Whatever happens to me in this life, whether good or bad in my view of things, I should praise God because of all He has already done for me in Christ Jesus. Before the world was ever created, God chose me for this particular time. He chose me to know Jesus. He redeemed me. He put His seal on me claiming me as His own.

Knowing that makes this life on earth so much easier. It reminds me that it is only temporary, that I have a glorious future awaiting me, that "I can do all things through Him [in Him] who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment