Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Coincidence or the enemy

As I lead up to my trip to Kenya lots of things have been happening. I've been trying to get sick...but I refuse. I have a cold but it seems to be getting much better. We certainly don't want the airline to quarantine me.

Our direct flight to Kenya got canceled on Tuesday of last week so someone had to scramble to get seats for 34 people on other flights. Now we are flying through Amsterdam and will have longer lay overs so we get to Kenya later. And coming home we are taking a bus from Atlanta to Anderson because no flight to Greenville was available without a 6 or 7 hour lay over there. That means my son is driving to Anderson to pick me up instead of me hopping in my car at the airport and going home. Since the airport is 15 minutes from home and Anderson about 50 that is a big difference.

Then, today a young lady who was speeding down the road, talking on her cell phone tried to make a turn by my office, hit the curb, got airborne and got my car airborne. Fortunately she was not hurt but my car may be seriously hurt. It doesn't look too bad but the front passenger side wheel is at an angle. It may cost more to fix than the old car is worth but I probably won't know until I get back from Kenya whether or not I will have a car. My car is very reliable and worth much more than the insurance company will give me. I certainly can't replace it for what they would give me. Maybe the damage is not serious and it will be all better when I get back!

Of course I don't believe in coincidence! Does all this going on in my life mean something spectacular is going to happen in Kenya that will include me?! Is the enemy trying to stop me from going or take my focus off Jesus during these days? Is God allowing all this to see if He really is my first priority and not all the "stuff" of life that can be so distracting?

I don't really know but I do know that I am EXCITED about getting on that plane on Thursday. I can't wait to see what God is going to do for all of us - those going and those in Kenya next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment