Monday, June 29, 2009

Sunday at CFC

Yesterday was my first Sunday at NewSpring - Carolina First Center. I was REALLY impressed with what is being done with a portable church!

As part of the production team, I was able to see all the same equipment we had before, just now in cases with wheels that can be rolled around. The lights, sound, computer set up, KidSpring, all of it was WAY better than I imagined. What's really nice of the CFC is allowing us to set up early and not requiring us to tear down all the stuff in the ballroom if they don't have the room scheduled for use. That means that even though I got to church at 5:30 AM we didn't have a lot to do because most of it was set up on Friday. After church we only had a few TVs to move. I'm sure it will be a lot different when we have to set everything up on Sunday morning. I think that day is coming in a couple of weeks. Should be interesting.

KidSpring is another matter. I went to help them and I must say they are organized in a huge way. A place for everything and everything in it's place. I was surprised to still see inflatables and actors and games and all the things that make KidSpring so much fun. Teaching tools were just as well organized so that everything can put out again next week. The kids areas did have to be completely packed up and moved but it didn't take too long because of the number of people helping and someone knowing where everything went.

One of the things that I wondered about was the volume of the music. I couldn't hear the director and had to watch him so I could read his lips. Kinda freaked him out that I was staring at him so much. Kevin has ordered us all new headsets to help with the noise. The director will get one like they use for NASCAR that has a mic that won't pick up any peripheral noise. Everyone else will have noise cancelling headphones.

But I did wonder if the other 2 churches having services downstairs were drowned out by our music. Maybe with the doors closed the ballroom is pretty soundproof. Guess they will let us know if there is a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment