Monday, June 29, 2009

Surrounded by God

One of the things God spoke into my heart while I was in Kenya was that I should see everything through His eyes.

We saw lots of rainbows over the mountains where it was raining. And of course lots of variety of wild animals. One thing God impressed on me was that I should not just say "Wow, look at the neat rainbow" but "Wow, what a faithful God!" The covenant of the rainbow was given to Noah 5, 6, 7000 years ago but God still keeps that covenant.

When I see the stripes of the zebra or the long neck of the giraffe or the trunk of the elephant, I shouldn't just think "What cool animals" but "What a creative God!"

I want to see God in the everyday things of life - not just in Kenya but in Spartanburg too. Open my eyes Lord that I may see you in the faces of people, in a sunset or sunrise, in the songs of birds or the colors and fragrance of flowers. Help me to worship You every day NOT just on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment