Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Woe to...

I've just finished reading the first 12 chapters of Isaiah. What rich words the Lord spoke through Isaiah.

In chapter 5, there is a list of woe to... Although these exact words are not used, God says woe to the selfish. Hmm, am I ever selfish? Woe to those who seek only pleasure. Woe to those who call evil good and good evil. That reminds me of a lot of people today who are vocal on many issues such as gay marriage. But it also makes me think of times when I may have said one thing and done another - not walking the walk I am talking about. Woe to those who are proud. Do I ever walk or talk or live with pride? We're told in Proverbs that pride goes before the fall. Woe to those who drink too much and pervert justice.

But what I like is that right in the middle of this we are told, "But the Lord of hosts is exalted in justice, and the Holy God shows Himself holy in righteousness." Even as God is speaking judgment we are reminded of His perfection, goodness and holiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment